Old June 24th 15, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
howard banks

Default When is too many at a glider meet

The opening post really illustrates the bipolar nature of RAS. At one end it is a super place to ask serious questions and get quick and accurate responses and counsel from people who know. At the other, it is a place where it is: Make it up (too many pills? smoking stuff?) -- fire (as in post) --- then wait and see.
Bruno's post was spot on.
HL
PS: I heard his aim was really 200 gliders with two tow planes and that he already has an EB-29 in place at Bitterwasser. The mizerable sod won't let me go fly it, which is why I am snitching and telling you all.

On Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 10:02:06 PM UTC-6, 2G wrote:
I recently learned that Bruno has increased the number of gliders for the Nephi, UT event to 80. That's right, eight zero. IMHO, that is too many, even if FLARM is mandated. There will be pilots there from virtually zero cross country time to seasoned racers. They may be lulled into a false sense of complacency until a storm forces the entire field back to the airport at once, creating chaos. I get the bad feeling that this number will keep increasing - or stay the same - until there is a fatality.