Old December 7th 20, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default Identifying a Canopy Blank's Glider Model

I took some additional pictures. See https://link.shutterfly.com/qI0hDPifPbb.

Some additional clues;

- I was wrong. The window does in fact have additional holes for the rails of a sliding Mecaplex-type window.
- The bottom of the canopy is not flat tip to tail.Â* Towards the "aft" (I think) end of the canopy the bottom edge tilts upward.Â* However the bottom edge of this portion is flat and does not have the curve of a leading edge. See two of the new pictures for reference.

Well, its not for a Diamant based on some Google image searching. This sailplane's canopy bottom is perfectly flat and has distinct large radius rounded transition to the vertical aft end. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FFA_Di...amant_16.5.jpg.

It seems to definitely not be of the DG lineage due to the angle of the aft end. DG's are almost vertical.

It is possible that it is for an ASW-12 (single piece canopy type) as it has the correct general shape. This model has a "DG" look to it with a pedestal type instrument pod. See https://www.alexander-schleicher.de/...leben-erweckt/.

Any more glider models that use a looooong tip-to-toe canopy?Â* I would sure hate to throw this nice "NOS" canopy out.

Thanks, John OHM