Old September 16th 10, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_18_]

Default Future Club Training Gliders

On Sep 15, 8:13*am, Kevin Christner wrote:
I have spent enough time instructing to see two types of students,
Schweizer trained and everyone else.

I trained in the 2-33 as a teenager and now fly an ASH-26E, after
three seasons, haven't crashed it.It seems to me that every aircraft
flies differently a good pilot will be able to deal with these
differences. My parents didn't have much money. Working at McDonald's
during high school, the 2-33 was affordable.

The Nimbus 3 is not a great handling aircraft but you don't hear
people calling for them to be melted down.

Many of us that have good jobs have forgotten what it was like to
struggle to pay rent and put food on the table.

I've been spending a lot of money on L13 parts to restore a glider to
teach some kids in our neighborhood to soar. Sadly, that project has
come to an end. Their parents are low paid federal workers and the
blanik would have been an affordable trainer for their kids.

Jim D