Old November 4th 18, 09:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim White[_3_]

Default looking for advice on lead n follow flights

At 01:45 04 November 2018, wrote:

After following this thread I'm nonplussed with most of the responses. In
m=
y experience, nobody but nobody can be told or shown or coached to fly
x-co=
untry. Yes, you can pick up advice, you can emulate things you see other
pi=
lots do at your field or at contests, you can practice on Condor but that
a=
ll won't do much good unless you really, really want to learn how to do

it
=
and - as importantly - continually strive to improve your performance.

I'd
=
like to meet the successful pilot who credits his skills to individual
inst=
ructors or fellow pilots who "taught" him or her to do it. Unless you go
ou=
t there and fly, mostly on your own, away from the home field and in
challe=
nging conditions, every day there's a chance to make turn points and come
b=
ack, you will not be a good x-country pilot. With that said, lead and
follo=
w is mostly garbage IMHO.
Herb

Worked for me Herb. Reckon you should leave out the H from IMHO. Your
opinion doesn't seem very humble most of the time.