Old February 3rd 21, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Scott

Default What is involved regulation wise adding an electric motor to a glider?

On Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 1:26:10 PM UTC-8, David Scott wrote:
I DON'T mean to stir up trouble on this forum with this question, especially being new, but have been wondering about this for some time. I am wondering how feasible it would be to do this with either a homebuilt or experimental glider here in the US?

I figure this has been asked but didn't find any threads on it.

Thank you for your responses. To be clear I don't have a sailplane but would like to get into the sport and the answers to this question would possibly affect what glider I would get. I am smart enough to get all my ducks in a row before doing anything, and this is the first I have talked about it. From an engineering standpoint, it doesn't look too difficult, navigating the regulations is where I expect the most trouble.