Old March 31st 11, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
qflyer1

Default (USA) logbook endorsement requirement(s) for new glider type?

On Mar 31, 8:56*am, "
wrote:
Since cockpit checks are insurance rules and not gov't rules why the
fear of giving cockpit check signoffs? *What is the insurance company
going to do to a CFI for a giving a cockpit check prior to an
accident(causal or not)?

As a CFIG, I just make sure the pilot is familiar with the operating
limits, speeds, handling characteristics, etc.
I also like him or her to close their eyes and grab spoilers, flaps,
gear, etc.
In other words, I want to know they are prepped well.
No, I don't believe I have flown everything, yet...

Cheers,
Tim