Old March 13th 05, 07:07 PM
Mitty

On 3/13/05 10:55 AM, BTIZ wrote the following:

Moving from Commercial Power to Commercial Glider, you need 200hrs power AND
20 flights as Glider PIC. You are correct, you cannot log PIC while taking
dual instruction. IF you had a private glider rating, then you could log PIC
and DUAL received at the same time. If you have prior Pvt Glider experience,
the 20 PIC flight would not be an issue.

So, once you have solo'd, you need 20 PIC (solo) flights, and 5 of those
should be logged as preparation IAW 61.127(b)(6).

OK, that's what I thought. It must be very unusual for someone to have the 20
PIC flights with a much smaller number of solos.

I've found by experience, that depending on the past experience of the
candidate, that at least 20 dual flights are need in a Grob 103 just to
complete the required training events and get the landing "down pat" to solo
standards. Pilots that have only flown jets have the hardest time. Propeller
pilots with tail wheel time have the easiest transition.

Piper driver here. & I'm not planning to set any speed records on the training.
Whatever it takes, it takes.

Thanks for the confirmation on my FAR-ology.