Old September 29th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross Richardson[_2_]

Default 2.4 hours - no oil/grease on prop/windshield

Jay Honeck wrote:
Well, we flew 2.4 hours today, in VERY cold (19 degree) air temps. Got
done, carefully inspected the prop, cowling and windshield -- no
oil/grease found.

What's up with THAT? How could my prop leak just "heal itself"?

Not that I'm complaining, mind you -- but I get skeptical when things
suddenly right themselves for no apparent reason.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Jay, I had some similar issues with my prop years ago. I was on a trip
to KC MO and had an oil spray on the windshield. It turned out to be a
leak though the hub which was fixed on the plane. No more spray. I do
have little streak of grease/oil from the hub along the blade, but they
happen infrequently. My A&P and another A&P do not seem concerned about it.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP