Old October 30th 17, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default trailer frame

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 11:51:33 AM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:
Ditto what JJ said. There was a syndicate that owned a PW5 at my field years ago. Their trailer was a square section with a huge cradle that rolled out the back with the glider. It probably weighed 3,000 pounds... for a PW5. Made handling a nightmare.

We have a number of 1st/2nd generation glass ships on the field with older tube trailers (ASW-19, Libelle, etc.). Spending some time on optimizing the fuselage dolly as it rolls out the back gate and especially the wing root dollies (stability in particular) is probably a way easier path to better rigging. JMHO.

Erik Mann (P3)

I agree. I made the rash assumption that the trailer does not have a fold down door. If it has one, make that work. Weight in back is never an improvement.
UH