Old November 26th 03, 09:49 AM
Bert Willing

I'm anyway too stupid to fly coordinated, so I choose to better slip into
the thermal than skidding out of it :-)

--
Bert Willing

ASW20 "TW"

"Shawn Curry" a écrit dans le message de
hlink.net...
Jim Hendrix wrote:
I'm wondering if many people hold a mild slip in turns and why they do

it.
Please reply to this post if you do this and give your reason(s).

Thanks,
Jim Hendrix

Yes many do, me included. In the gliders I've tried it in, Grob 103
Ventus b and Mosquito, I find I have much better pitch control when
turning steeply e.g. 45 deg. People argue the aerodynamic pros and
cons. I figure if I can stay in a tight thermal more easily, or a more
powerful core, I'll climb faster. Works for me.

Cheers,
Shawn