Old November 26th 03, 03:03 PM
Robert John

Because the turn you are creating by banking into the
thermal is soooooooo much bigger than the tiny turning
effect of the slip and, as has been said before, you
are slipping towards the centre of the thermal, which
has to be good. (Actually, you are slipping towards
a point that is always a little in front of the core,
but -hey- I can't fly that accurately either!)
Rob
At 10:42 26 November 2003, Js wrote:
What about this: when I press another pedal slowly
down an keep it there,
holding wings level, plane begins to fly round a point
at the noses and
pressed pedals side. Thread shows I am skidding to
opposite side. I could
allmost thermal like this, holding wings in level.

So why shoud I slip into thermal, becouse skidding
out of it turns the plane
into the direction of thermals core.

Complicated...

js

'Bert Willing' wrote in
message ...
I'm anyway too stupid to fly coordinated, so I choose
to better slip into
the thermal than skidding out of it :-)

--
Bert Willing