Old July 10th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Hey Jay! (yet another EKP-IV vs 2000C question;))

Any comments? I'm sorry if this has been posted and my searches just
missed it (EKP-IV group:rec.aviation.*)

If you're really into resolution, you cannot beat the AvMap. I miss
mine every day. It's bright, clear, large, and is incredibly
readable, even in direct sunshine.

Unfortunately, in '06 we were flying with the AvMap III and the
Lowrance Airmap 2000c, one on each yoke. When we wanted to upgrade
to XM weather, we opted to go with the Garmin 496 -- which meant one
of the other two had to go. It didn't make much sense to keep the old
(out of production) AvMap III, so we sold it and kept the (more
modern, but not as nice) Lowrance 2000c.

In the end we ended up "panel-docking" the 496, so we *could* have
kept the AvMap, and had THREE portable GPS's in the plane -- but I
s'pose that's a bit of overkill...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck