Old August 16th 04, 06:01 PM
Denyav

One thet held together for more than a few minutes
would have helped too. Fact is the Germans didnt have
the materials required to resist Uranium Hexafluoride.

You make me laugh.Germans were ahead of US technology for a century.

Not quite. The first soviet centrifuge pilot enrichment plant was
run at Sverlovsk-44 in 1957 but it didnt produce significant

Again you make me laugh,the deadline set by soviet leadership to produce
enriched Uran using centrifuges was April 1 1948.Zippe GUZ produced enriched
Uran on March 21 and saved Soviet centrifuge development project.
BTW the very first Zippe GUZ was operational Feb.47.

Plutonium is however the most likely unless you have
large stocks of Uranium

In a country that have capacity to send over 500kgs enriched Uran (not Yellow
Cake like official version tells us) to Japan,this argument is irrelevant.

It would not have been capable of carrying a
first generation nuclear device and escaping the blast

I would not be worried about that,as if Germans had six to eight moths more
time ,their nuclear weapons would not be sitting inside any bomber but on tip
of a Balistic missille.