Old December 1st 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lee McGee

Default Plywood bonding to Aluminum fuselage structure ??

You can remove epoxy with enough heat (usually 200+ degrees), a household
iron ought to do it, should soften the epoxy enough to pry the structure
apart.

This is why glass airplane wings at airshows have blankets over them when
parked in hot places on hot sunny days. :-)

The question of "why" still remains.

LM

"Candice" wrote in message
ups.com...
I wonder if you guys can answer a question about aircraft adhesive and
techinques.

I am considering the option of gluing aircraft plywood to a aluminum
tube fuselage structure. After reading about properties of adhesives
to perhaps accomplish this effort I stumbled upon T88. If I used such
an adhesive to bond plywood to aluminum can it ever be removed if I
wanted to re-panel the fuselage with new plywood a few years down the
road? Conversely, are there other ways to panel a aluminum tube
fuselage with plywood?

Candice