Old November 12th 07, 11:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
alex8735

Default Cross Country Soaring by Reichmann

On 8 Nov., 21:15, bobcaldwell wrote:
I have a fairly early copy of this book. Copyrights 1975 and 1978
with the second printing in 1981. Does anyone know if Reichmann ever
updated it or if anyone else did after his death. I was going to
reread it this winter but was curious if it had been brought into the
GPS/flight computer era yet. If it hasn't been that would be a worthy
project for someone as it is a truly great book and certainly still
relevant but not current with the latest technology.

Thanks for any info.

Bob Caldwell

There is a revised version from 2005. I compared both the new and
original version and finally purchased the original because the
changes/additions seemed to be few. I had expected an more detailed
look at the changes in xc soaring in particular due to gps navigation
but was disappointed. I would recommend the Brigliadori book as a
great update/extention.