Old September 27th 04, 08:42 AM
dancingstar

Martin Hotze wrote:
FYI;

how long will it take that every flight has to be under a flight plan and
one has to submit every passenger data?

martin

I was just reading the jumble put out by our protectors at TSA and think
this relates...

"...The fee is required of candidates in Categories 1-3. TSA notes that
Section 612 of Vision 100 authorizes TSA to assess a fee for any
investigation under Section 612. As discussed above, Section 612 does
not mandate a security threat assessment for candidates for flight
training for aircraft weighing 12,500 pounds or less. However, as
discussed above, TSA believes such candidates must be subject to the
security threat assessment requirements in order to carry out the
intent of the statute--preventing individuals who pose a threat to
aviation or national security from obtaining flight training, and thus
preventing them from conducting terrorist attacks using aircraft. Thus,
TSA will perform a security threat assessment on those individuals, and
will assess a fee for the threat assessment under Section 612.
Section 612 authorizes TSA to set the fee to reflect the costs of
the security threat assessment. As explained in greater detail below,
the fee is $130 to reflect the full recurring costs to TSA for
performing the security threat assessment."

Aren't they saying here that the fee for, and thus, the threat assesment
isn't really required but we are gonna do it anyway?

Antonio