Old November 18th 03, 11:02 PM
Matthew S. Whiting

Newps wrote:

Matthew S. Whiting wrote:

Because most private companies that perform functions similar to
governmental agencies are more efficient. I think new technology
would be adopted faster and with less bureaucracy. I think controller
performance would be rewarded more effectively. Last I knew, most
civil service jobs still had a lot of focus on seniority, more like a
union workforce in the private sector than a professional workforce in
the private sector.

Seniority is a nonfactor at the FAA. We only use it to bid our days off
twice a year.

That is truly good to know. Are annual increases merit based or COLA?
What are the promotion criteria?

Matt