Old December 16th 06, 12:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HL Falbaum

Default Memory battery for Dittle FSG71M

I have had the job done---
The battery is proprietary and soldered to the circuit board. It is a
lithium battery and can corrode the board if it leaks.

The radio gets a "tune up" as well.

I had it done at "Penninsula Electronics" previously know as "Nicks
Electronics" in Miami--factory Dittle service and the job was satisfactory.

--
Hartley Falbaum

"Bob Fidler" wrote in message
news:nb6dnYkM0awdUB7YnZ2dnUVZ_rOqnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
I have same radio about the same age. I always thought it is a special deal
to replace this battery and a factory authorized repair facility was the
only place that could do. So, I would certainly rather do myself to avoid
the hassle.

Ray, would you follow up and tell us all how easy it was to purchase the
battery, cost, and how difficult to replace.

Thanks,
Bob Fidler
"Ray Gimmey" wrote in message
Wish to find the source for the memory battery for the Dittle Radio
FSG71M. The one in my radio is 5 years old and needs to be replaced.