Old June 11th 09, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Kestrel DG200 canopy mod.

On Jun 11, 12:45*am, Bruce wrote:
OK

Anyone out there with experience in converting the T59D / 401 Kestrel
canopy from the awful removable thing with a hoop exactly where you want
to watch the tug, to a single piece.

Apparently there is an approved mod using a DG200 canopy.

Second question is - would there be anyone with such a canopy /frame
assembly for sale. As I understand it you need the entire DG hinge and
pedestal part too.

FWIW - I am considering modifying a Mark 2 Slingsby T59D Kestrel 19m -
though to the best of my knowledge the canopy and cockpit is identical
on the various Kestrels.

Any advice gladly received.

Cheers
Bruce

You might check in also at the kestrel401 yahoo group.

Frank Whiteley