Old May 7th 14, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default Seeking Komet Trailer Axle

On Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:15:44 PM UTC-7, Marc Henis wrote:
I am seeking a relacement axle for a Komet III trailer (year-1978 - 850

kg).

As is the case with many Komet Trailers of this age, the Torsion component

of the axle on one side has failed and while it is OK for short retrieves,

it will soon have to go on at least quite long trip - - and perhaps

several

I have talked with Harold Ennulat and he suggests that I see if a good axle

is available here before ordering one from Germany.

Thanks

MARC H (BD)

Go to www.dexteraxle.com

Find a distributor in your area take the trailer and ask for an axle. They will weld on brackets to match the mounts on the present axle.

You can also also get them with electric brakes.

The axle is about $400

Richard
www.craggyaero.com