Old July 22nd 15, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Tow endorsement must include 3 glider flights as PIC?

On Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 1:30:16 PM UTC-7, Waveguru wrote:
So PIC time is not dual time, so how do we get a new tow pilot 3 PIC flights in a glider? It didn't used to require PIC time, as I remember, just 3 flights, right?
61.69a(6) Page 74 in the 2015 FAR AIM

Boggs

6) Within the preceding 12 months has-
(i) Made at least three actual or simulated tows of a glider or unpowered ultralight vehicle while accompanied by a qualified pilot who meets the requirements of this section; or
(ii) Made at least three flights as pilot in command of a glider or unpowered ultralight vehicle towed by an aircraft.

Please note the "or" at the 6(i), seems to me all you need is three actual or simulated tows, three flights as PIC of a towed glider is simply an alternative means of meeting the requirement...

Marc