Old January 10th 20, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Instrument panel labeling

Not sure what type of "continuous strip label maker sticker" you had so badly - is it the old Dymo style that produces a sort of raised letter on a thick plastic strip? Agree that those look terrible.

I used P-Touch laminated tapes on my panel and they look very professional and haven't had any problems over the last 3 years in the south Texas summer heat. I used their Extra-Strength cartridge (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZMVNLO/) and since my panel is black I used clear tape with white lettering. With the P-Touch you can print any sized label, many fonts, etc. I labeled fuses, switches, N-number and all look absolutely professional. Highly recommended.

Robert

On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 8:26:27 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I'm looking for ideas on how to make professional looking placards/labels for a instrument panel rebuild I'm doing. I need to make tiny labels for fuses, and switches and I hate, hate, hate the look of the continuous strip label maker "sticker" stuck to the panel. It looks tacky, but they never seem to stay stuck. Know what I mean?
I think a stencil might be too small, has any one ever used a pressure transfer and clear top coat? What else have you tried?

Signed,
Working till spring