Old August 22nd 04, 02:26 PM
Steve R.

Hi Kevin,

Glad to know it's not just "me!" ;-)

Actually, from what I've read through the years, even the guys out there
with full blown PhD's in rotorcraft aerodynamics don't fully understand this
stuff so us little peons shouldn't be too embarrassed by the confusion we
feel when trying to get a handle on it.

Fly Safe & Keep the training reports coming! :-)
Steve R.

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz *AT* adelphia *DOT* net wrote in
message ...

This very thing is really irritating to me as I study. Different
books state different things and my GS instructor says yet another
thing. The books I primarily refer to are Principles of Helicopter
Flight and Rotorcraft Flying Handbook. Another source is a web site
who's URL escapes me at the moment. Something like
dynamicaviation.com.. (really good diagrams of things like transverse
flow, disymmetry of lift etc..) The one thing I've discovered as I
study it that no two books agree on any point. It's kinda like
extrapolating max manifold pressures for given temps and DAs off the
placard in the helicopter. That's why when I answer quiz/test
questions, I preface a lot of "specific" numbers with the word
"approximately"