Old April 26th 08, 11:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Should I be scared -- C172 over Gross

Benjamin Dover writes:

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Benjamin Dover writes:

This from someone who had to ask where the handle for the ejector
seat on his Baron was located.

I don't recall asking such a question.

Any IFR rated pilot knows the answer and why.

There are a lot of things that IFR-rated pilots are supposed to know
that they don't.

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE.

You most certainly did. You didn't know if a simulated Baron was different
from the real thing and asked if an ejector seat was really there.

Yes, but that's not what you said initially. You said I asked where the
handle for the ejection seat was, and that isn't true. This is what I
actually asked on October 15, 2006:

I note in the simulation of the Baron in MSFS (Dreamfleet's
simulation), there's a button on the left side of the pilot, part of
several rows of buttons, marked "Ejection seat." I don't know if this
is a joke on the part of the developers, or something that really
exists in the aircraft. In the latter case, the only reason I can
think of for it would be if it were something that existed on a
military version of the aircraft. Is it really there?

I don't recall ever getting a serious answer to this question.

So much for your continuous bull **** about how great MSFS with the 3rd
party add ons is in providing realistic "flying".

I imagine that the button is what developers call an "Easter egg." An
aircraft like the Baron is rather small and light and ejection seats are
heavy, and I don't recall ever reading about an aircraft of this type being so
equipped. But one never knows. If someone told me not so many years ago that
private pilots would be buying aircraft that have giant parachutes to lower
the entire airframe to the ground in an emergency, I would have found that
pretty hard to believe, too.