Old May 19th 11, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

Default Active Sync and XP Connection Problems

Last summer my IPAQ connected to my PC no problem. After resting for
the winter the IPAQ no longer connects to my PC. (It was kept charged
all winter)

When I plug into the USB, the XP system tray shows the USB device
being installed and then says your device is ready to use. The IPAQ
shows the connecting to host window, but Active Sync 4.5 does not
connect.

After connecting the Mobile Device does appear under my computer, but
when you double-click it is empty. The charge LED on the IPAQ shows
it is receiving a charge.

I have tried doing the soft reset of the IPAQ. I have uninstalled and
re-installed Active Sync I have turned off my firewall and de-
activated my anti-virus software. I have tried connecting the IPAQ to
3 different computers and it does the same thing on all three
computers. I even tried going back to version 4.0 and nothing works.

After doing some research on the web, I am at the point where I
suspect that it may be a Windows update that was installed sometime
over the winter since my last successful connection of the IPAQ last
summer.

Is anyone else having connection issues like this?

Has anyone resolved this?

After two days of working on this it is getting frustrating!

Thanks, Dave