Old February 20th 14, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default FS Sage CVA Vario

On Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:07:58 PM UTC-6, NG wrote:
Correction, CV NOT CVA, sorry about that.

Kirk. The FAA approved DG documentation states that there is a minimal equipment list needed for certification. On the list there are various choices of certified instruments. Winters are certified, Sages are not. Having spent 2 years in Federal court doing battle with the FAA over a type certificate, and having lost, I don't wish to engage in any further debate with them if I can avoid it.

Wow, that's a new one to me. Never heard of any varios described as "certified". Methinks you got screwed by a poor translation from German, and a clueless FAA.

Good luck!

Kirk
66