Old June 1st 04, 03:30 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Mike Noel wrote:

The fellow who did my annual asked me to order a jack screw because he can
see a little wiggle between the screw and the cable drum. He wasn't sure
which part was worn, but suggested we start by replacing the screw and then
also replace the drum if the problem persists.

I would do one of two things. If I could tolerate the down time, I would take the
assembly apart, find out what's wrong, order the correct part, and reassemble the
unit when the part arrives. If I could not wait that long, I would order both parts.
When the parts came in, I would disassemble the unit, replace whatever is worn, and
try to get a refund on the unused piece (or sell it).

Sounds like this guy wants to get paid for taking the thing apart twice.

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.