Old May 2nd 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ManhattanMan

Default It only takes one...

BT wrote:
Ahh... cessna on the extended downwind.. if you are planning to log
cross country on this pattern, do you mind if I make a tight pattern
and get on the ground... great... thanks..

I had an occassion where I entered downwind, had already passed the field,
only other traffic was a guy still several miles out on a straight in final,
and the tower cleared me for immediate landing, which was no problem in a
150, so I turned base - the guy still miles out really got his shorts
bunched up and started screaming that someone had cut in front of him!!!!!
Tower told him to cool it, there was more than adequate spacing.. d:-))