Old May 2nd 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Erik

Default It only takes one...

Kyle Boatright wrote:
You're right, but the problem with flying doofi is that we (you, I, and
everyone else) *expect* other pilots to act in a "normal" manner. If a guy
radios that he's gonna extend his downwind, we understand. But nobody
expects a downwind extended by 2 miles. I'm sure everyone in tonight's
pattern expected the guy to turn base ANY SECOND once he was a half mile
beyond the normal pattern, and as the downwind extended and extended, I'd
bet everyone behind the first guy was wondering.... What the heck is that
guy doing???

Oh man that would suck. I could totally see myself following someone
that perhaps decided to abandon his plans and depart on the downwind
and not announce his intentions. Merrily flying along wondering what
the hell am I doing here???