Old June 20th 13, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default The near mid-air at the Region 9 contest

On Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:17:22 AM UTC-6, Sean F (F2) wrote:
Sounds like Tom handle things very nicely.

Ill just go ahead and say this for the record:

We must make FLARM mandatory at US contests.

IDEA: There are enough rentals to make that happen. Basically the FLARMS should be part of the entry fee. If you not have one you automatically, per a check box in the SSA contest registration (I do not have flarm), you AUTOMATICALLY must pay your $50 rental cost and automatically get one shipped to you at the contest. If you dont have your flarm installed no flying for you. That simple. The CM can then ship them all to the next contet and so on.

Painless, cheap and brilliant. Thoughts?

Back to the near collision. Could you please send the links to these flight traces OR provide the tail numbers and day of the incident? Perhaps the time in the task where the close call occurred so that we can see this ourselves on SeeYou?

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Sean:

Contact Tom for that info.