Old August 17th 03, 09:59 PM
Gene Seibel

According to my dictionary, homophobe came into existence (ie: was
made up) in 1975. It literally means fear of homosexuality. Perhaps
it's an appropriate term for those showing hatred for gays, but I
never did understand the way it is usually applied to anyone who has
an opinion that's not 100% supportive of gays. It has always seemed to
me that the gay community would have less opposition if they
didn’t use that term so broadly. It’s quite interesting to
see the response to the combination heterophobe.
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html

We should be cautious about posting anything on these news groups. There is
no way of convincing the mentally ill that airplanes are not a threat to
them, so arguing with them is futile. At worst, somebody in these groups
could find out about the rec.aviation news groups. This is a serious matter.
rec.scouting.usa, for example, has been completely hijacked by heterophobes
and is virtually useless for discussing Scouting. We would not want that to
happen here.