Old December 17th 04, 01:09 PM
John Carrier

"Woody Beal" wrote in message
On 12/16/04 14:45, in article , "John
Carrier" wrote:

SNIP

IME, the best BFM machine in the US inventory is the Hornet.

Certainly the best in a high alpha, min radius phone booth. OTOH, the
F-14B/D can move the fight inexorably upward to a kill. Hard to do,
wasteful of gas and time (to say nothing of what this kind of engagement
looks like to everyone else near the arena), but doable. In a real-world
multi-bogey fight, such a dazzling display would probably result in two
fireballs.

R / John

You've GOT to be trying to bait me with a comment like that. |:-)

Seriously, John, I've never been shot in a multi-plane engagement (2v2 or
less at the merge) because I was slow. Quite the contrary, I was too busy
shooting bogies.

Did I state or imply 2 v 2? "Never" is a far too popular word in the
fighter pilot's vocabulary.

Make the energy excursion quickly and intelligently. Take quick shots.
Lock both arms. Get the knots back. Move on.

Uh huh.

John