Old December 30th 03, 04:31 AM
Peter Gottlieb

Say what you will about these guys, but I would not underestimate them. It
is rather likely they have thought about it a long time ago.

"Harry Gordon" wrote in message
Why? Why is it necessary to use this forum to discuss alternatives that
terrorist can use to destroy what they will? Doesn't the news folks do a
good enough job of telling these individuals our weaknesses? Aren't there
enough people already making enough suggestions?

I'm sorry. I'm just getting really tired of turning on TV or the radio and
the first item in the news is a story for the terrorist on how they might
consider an attack. And now, "we" are going to take it a step further

with
more ideas. Why? I wonder how many terrorist read this and other
"informative" newsgroups and listen to CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, CNN,

etc.....???

Harry
PP-ASEL

"Rosspilot" wrote in message

http://www.strategypage.com/fyeo/qnd...get=URBANG.HTM

excerpt:

While passenger aircraft are now pretty secure, the same is not the

case
for
commercial freighters and private aircraft. It is quite possible that a

smaller
aircraft, or long range transports from foreign nations, could be used

for
suicide attacks. This scenario has terrorists renting a small two engine
aircraft (like the Piper Aztec or Cessna Businessliner) and flying off

any
target within several hundred miles. These aircraft rent for about $250

an
hour
(with a 3-4 hour minimum). They have a cargo capacity of about half a

ton,
and
that could be filled with explosives. This would give the terrorists the
equivalent of an American cruise missile (which has a one ton warhead.)

These
aircraft have a maximum take off weight of about three tons and only

carry
about 500 pounds of fuel. Probably would not bring down a large

skyscraper, but
would do a lot of damage to the White House or most other government

buildings
in Washington. You can buy these aircraft second hand for $200-300,000.

I hate stuff like this, but I think it's better to toss it out there and

shine
light on it than stick my head in the sand and pretend it isn't there.

www.Rosspilot.com