Old February 16th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default cylinder replacement

If you assume that you are going to keep the airplane a 1000 or more
hours, then factory new cylinders are the only way to go... If you are
going to keep the airplane for the forseeable future then a complete
overhaul at this time is the smart money...

I was with you up to that last line, Denny. Why do you conditionally
advocate a complete overhaul (if he's keeping it 1000 or more hours) when
the engine only has 850 hours on it?

To Scott: Personally, I'd go with all new Millennium cylinders, and find a
different A&P. His quote is too high, IMHO.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA