Old April 20th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Avgas Where is the ceiling?

Doug Palmer wrote:
100 LL just jumped from $3.82 to $4.54 at our airport, and at HAF we
traditionally represent the lower costs for our area (SF Bay) Where will it
end? to the pessimists in the room this feels like the begning of the end
for those of us who pinch our pennies to get a little air time in once or
twice a week. It doesn't seem that long ago that it was just above $2/Gal.

The United States has no leadership when it comes to this issue.
We sit with our thumb up our A$$ bitching but doing nothing. We
can't explore and develop additional crude oil reserves that would
make us less dependent upon foreign suppliers. By doing nothing
we have created our own problems, and don't think the rest of the
world doesn't benefit from our inability do anything but bitch
about hown much retirement some oil exective is going to get.

Meanwhile other countries continue to develop their supplies and
take our money hand over fist, laughing all the way to the bank.