Old May 22nd 07, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Default Garmin 430/530 up north?

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

CaptainCraig writes:

I am not finding anything in the Garmin manual and I know that
satellite coverage is questionable, I am just wondering how it would
affect day-to-day operations.

The entire planet is covered by GPS. However, satellite orbits are
optimized for middle latitudes, so accuracy is slightly less at
extremely high latitudes, even though it should still be plenty for
most purposes of lateral navigation. Vertical position would suffer
more than horizontal position, but vertical position is already much
less reliable than horizontal position at any latitude with GPS (the
system is designed primarily for lateral navigation).

whjat's it matter to you, finding it hard to find your way around your
bedroom?

Fjukkwit.

Bertie