Old April 21st 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Avgas Where is the ceiling?

"M" wrote in message
oups.com...

To truely appreciate the price of low gas price in U.S. (compared with
Europe), we need to account about 1/3 to 1/2 of our military budget and
consider that a fuel tax.

Can you back those numbers?

Imagine a U.S. w/o any need of foreign oil
and we can produce all the fuel we need within the country, there's
absolutely no need for a military the size we have right now.

Even now, our defense budget, as a percent of federal expenditures, is lower
than even during the Carter yearsm, and much less than in the 1950's.

2,000
Nuclear warhead is more than enough to deter any potential threats.

And if someone breaks into your house, a 155mm howitzer is really not
appropriate.