Old June 26th 17, 01:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Wells[_2_]

Default Color Platforms for Top Hat/XCSoar

At 23:59 25 June 2017, 6PK wrote:
On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 6:35:54 AM UTC-7, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 10:16:28 PM UTC-4,

wrote:
I use Tophat on a Nook e-reader with B&W e-ink display.
I gladly forego color for the size and sunshine-readability of this

display.
The Nook runs Android 2.x and they don't make them any

more...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/292161463922?ul_noapp=true

On the topic of Android devices; it would be nice to have a

commercial
source for an out of the box IOIO system.
It seams that the IOIO is only available in a kit form, that is in

parts...
soldering, etc. required, mostly over my head at least in my case.....

Another vote for Openvario running XCSoar here. I'm using the 7"
modified texim display.

No problems with heat. Did initially have crashes but traced it to a
corrupt install on the SD card. New SD card and re-install solved it. I
expect heat could precipitate existing problems / errors.