Old June 26th 17, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Color Platforms for Top Hat/XCSoar

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 10:49:05 AM UTC-4, Luke Szczepaniak wrote:
On 6/23/2017 3:03 PM, Chip Bearden wrote:
What color devices are pilots using for Top Hat/XCSoar? I'm running Top Hat on a Kobo Glo (large eink gray scale--great readability) and a Dell Streak 5 (smaller screen, color, acceptable readability). If the Dell were a little brighter and larger, it would be perfect.

Options seem to range from other mobile phones all the way up to the OpenVario project (at least for XCSoar). What works for you?

Chip Bearden
"JB"

Left my XCSoar dedicated Yotaphone 2 (e-ink display) at home this
weekend so ended up flying with my regular phone Samsung S8 instead,
screen was very bright and perfectly sun readable.

FWIW

Luke

Anyone know how the current Samsung generation compares to, say, the Note 4 and 5? They are reported to be quite usable in sunlight, as well.

Chip Bearden
"JB"