Old October 10th 03, 12:05 PM
John Halliwell

In article , WaltBJ
writes
I am puzzled. Where did my posts (2) to this thread go? I made one
point that interception of Me109s bingoing home sucking fumes would
have paid dividends.

One of your posts very similar to the one below appears in
rec.aviation.military.naval not sure if that's what you mean? There's
also an earlier one you posted about bingoing fuel.

Interestingly one of my posts appeared in one ng, when I'd thought I'd
posted it in another? This thread is running in about half a dozen
groups, sometimes multiple times within them group.

Well, one pilot made a practice of doing just
that. Joseph Frantisek, Czech pilot, highest scorer (17) during the
BoB, used to sneak off alone and bounce the 109s and whatever else he
could find over the Channel. I found this in a great book from my
local library, "A Question of Honor", by Olson and Cloud, ISBN
0-375-41197-6, copyright2003, published by Knopf. The primary subject
is the Polish airmen in the RAF, and what they did during the BoB and
after. You must read this book! (FWIW oddly enough the father of my
daughter's husband was one of them - Alexander Franzcak. Also odd is
we share the same birthday.)

--
John