Old December 12th 13, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ZAON PCAS MRX

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:54:05 PM UTC-7, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Are these units reliable and worth having in your glider?

Are they consistent enough to trust in a real threat situation?

Nick

No! I had to send back my MRX to Zaon 3 times because a "filter" kept going out. The problem was the unit would not tell me there was any problem. It just acted like everything was fine but it would just stop picking up any other aircraft. I knew it was bad when a jet or two would get too close and it didn't pick it up. Very frustrating!

Also, please be aware that Zaon is now out of business so when that filter on yours goes out you might not have anywhere to send it to. Here is a link about them going Tango Uniform. http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news...n220938-1.html

The best solution is get a PowerFlarm, but then again, I know you don't like to be told what to do... Looking forward to flying with you next year..

Bruno - B4