Old January 15th 15, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default US FAI Sailplane Grand Prix Qualifier for 2016? Venue?

Please join the 2016 US Sailplane Grand Prix Qualifier Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/USASailplaneGrandPrix

Thanks!

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 2:32:57 PM UTC-5, Sean Fidler wrote:
Sailplane racing fans!

A formal bid for the first ever US Sailplane Grand Prix (SGP) qualifier is being completed (for Ionia, MI summer 2016) this week. We have tremendous international (and domestic) support behind the US joining this highly popular series. Thank you all! This will be an amazing event!

Keep in mind that SGP is limited to a maximum of 20 competitors. We are currently at 12-14 likely pilots. Over the next 6 months, I believe it is likely that we will reach the maximum of 20 gliders.

If you are interested in competing in the first ever "USA SGP Qualifier" please contact me (PM or email) now and communicate your glider configuration (15/18/Standard). I need to choose what class to employ for the event within days. My options are 18m, 15m or 15m standard. A combined 15m flapped/standard class is available if enough standard pilots raise their hand (the combined 15m class would then be wing loading limited to 50kg/m2).

I am leaning "very slightly" towards 15m flapped. The current numbers support 15m flapped roughly 65% to 35%. 18m is also very possible. I have only 3 potential pilots who are limited to standard class. I suspect that more potential standard and 18m competitors are out there. I need to hear from you soon. If you do not speak up now (contact me) I will be making the class decision on less than perfect information.

--- smfidler AAT gmail DOOT com

Thanks much.