Old January 6th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Fiberglass adhesion to aluminum?

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 05:59:37 GMT, Richard Lamb
wrote:

If a fiberglass patch on an aluminum backplate stays on for one entire
trip around the pattern, I'd be flat out amazed...

Properly preped it'll stay on as well as the paint, better in some
cases. Without a good degrease and prep I doubt it'd stay on past the
run up. :-)) Many of our "plastic" planes have Aluminum to
glass/resin bonds.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com