Old November 5th 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Birdog

Default Spot Landings

"jeremy" wrote in message
Ol Shy & Bashful wrote:
Can you land to a spot within 100' of the designated spot without
power?

Always possible but the damage/precision ratio can make it lots of fun.

JJ

A little tale on myself. In the early days - late 40's/ early 50's - we flew
out of a short grass strip with not much buffer if you crossed the threshold
a little high. So you always aimed at the "numbers". After a long winter
when most hops were just for proficiency purposes, I had occasion to cross
country, landing at Blacksburg, Va. Came over the fence about 50/60 feet
high and did a go-around - with about 7000 feet of runway in front of me. No
one said anything when I got down, but I had a comment ready - "Just
shooting an approach". Old habits hard to break!