Old July 8th 15, 06:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default 2015 Nephi OLC/XC Final Report

Just adding my thanks to the pool. I'd say everything this year was a little better than last year. Weather was about the same, ranging from ok to great. Let's not forget that weather is no guarantee, if it was scheduled a week later it would have been a different story. I am still in Utah and haven't flown for 4 days so far, and it does not looking great the next few days neither.
Also special thanks to Richard from Craggy Aero who helped me getting an EDS loaner overnight after mine failed, and to Andy for helping me with the flat tire and offering his spare tire.
I also learned something new about OLC, that it is optimizing for points rather than distance, turning my 1000km into a 999.56km so I can get an extra point or so. Sigh!
And last, let's remember that one of us had a really bad day, right of the start before even getting a chance to enjoy Nephi, as Bruno mentioned. Wishing Charlie Ryan speedy recovery.

Ramy