Old February 23rd 18, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Hero emulation

In my case I had not seen that type of sink where I found it on my pull. I had a hangar in Minden for years and flew out of there. The only time I had an issue was that one day. I also lost 1500 feet over the course of one mile returning to my home field one day, ended up doing downwind landing as I barely made the runway. Like Sh*t, sink happens. My point was and is for the new guy, it can go wrong, so have a plan B and be careful.

This kind of reminds me of a helicopter accident in FL where a MD600 news helicopter actually transmitted "watch this" as he tried to loop a 600 and immediately had a boom strike, end of flight, and life for two.

Hey I like these as much as the next guy, and have done a ton of NOE flying, mostly in helicopters and war birds. But be very careful and know you might get into a tighter corner than you thought.

On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 2:41:27 PM UTC-8, son_of_flubber wrote:

I think you missed my point. I'm all for having sex or doing low passes for fun.

I just think that it is ridiculous, that people first have sex, and then afterwards learn how women get pregnant.

And likewise I think it is ridiculous, that people do low passes, then afterwards learn how sink can ruin an otherwise perfectly good low pass.