Old February 24th 18, 05:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Hero emulation

On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 12:08:29 AM UTC-5, Tom wrote:
Oh, I forgot - there is a good argument that a low pass is not legal. That whole minimum altitude over "a congested area but “not for the purpose of takeoff or landing.” Take a look at 91.119, make your call eyes wide open. Sorry to take all the fun out of it. I know - there's many rationalizations, justifications and arguments. Not trying to pick a fight - just pointing out some issues with the practice of this maneuver.

Tom

When you pull out the rule book you've already lost.