Old April 11th 18, 11:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Kellett

Default SGU 2-22

On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 8:00:45 PM UTC-4, Joe Rizzo wrote:
Looking at purchasing my first glider. The 2-22 appeals to me as it fits my budget and my goals of just easy fun and giving rides. Any advice?

I learned to fly in one over a half-century ago. Better be good at slips, because the spoilers won't help much - of course, they come down pretty good due to poor performance. Uncomfortable back seat. You could do better for introducing people to the sport. On the other hand, it's a venerable antique and, IF WELL MAINTAINED, is a neat piece of history.