Old March 10th 19, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas

Default ASK13 hangar ceiling

On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 7:43:47 AM UTC-6, wrote:
We want to hang up our ASK13 in our hanger.
We know there are 2 holes on the outside of the fuselage around the mid section of the cockpit.

Those two L & R holes are metric threaded and serve two purposes.
Threaded tie down rings for securing outside.
Attached points for the trailer dolly under the fuselage.
(Keep the threads clean or fly with the rings inserted fully. Make sure they do not back out of the fuselage.)

Used as tie down rings, they are original equipment and very substantial.

Whether you want to suspend the ASK-13 from these rings is up to you.
The other hang points might be the left and right handles on the fuselage.
I am NOT saying that these points are designed to sustain the weight without damage to the fuselage structure.

If you hang a glider ropes at the wingtips will be needed to keep one wing from dipping vertically and swinging horizontally when (not if) wind gets into the hangar.

In my experience, the disadvantage to hanging a glider is that the effort to lower and raise it discourages frequent flying!