Old March 15th 19, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default Glider preparation for a competition

Ya Know, I understand the "crew first" Idea.
NO WAY could I do that thou, hang out on the ground for a week watching everyone fly while my perfectly good plane sits in the trailer, but that's just me. Just get a mentor, its not that hard to figure it out.
The OP says he has some XC experience, now go get some more.
Sitting on the ground, while everyone else heads for the clouds, is not gonna be much fun.